Withdrawal of driving licence
What is the difference between licence revocation and driving ban? When is driving disqualification imminent? Do I have to go to the Medical psychological examination? A driving disqualification brings with it many questions. Here you will find the answers.
What does " disqualification from driving" mean?
Apart from the driving ban, the withdrawal of a driver's license is one of the most severe penalties that our traffic law provides. It shall be imposed only in the case of serious traffic offences or criminal offences committed by courts or administrative authorities.
A difference to the driving ban lies in the immediate withdrawal of the driving licence. This means that you will not get your driver's license back, but can only apply for it again after a certain blocking period. Depending on the severity of the case, the duration of the suspension period varies between six months and five years. In addition, you may need to prove your ability to drive again.
A brief and concise overview:
- Your driver's license is suspended.
- Period: one to three months (no splitting possible)
- Is imposed in the event of serious traffic offences
- After the driving ban has expired you will get your driving licence back.
- Applies to all vehicle categories
Withdrawal of driver's license:
- Your driver's license will be revoked.
- Period: at least six months
- Is imposed in the case of serious traffic offences or criminal offences
- New issue necessary, because driver's license was destroyed
- Applies only to one vehicle category
- You may have to successfully participate in an MPE
Driving a moped after driving disqualification
Especially in rural areas, public transport is sometimes not a good substitute for driving licences. That is why people there have to resort to other alternatives. One of them is the moped. While the driving ban prohibits the driving of all motorised vehicles, it is possible to change to the moped when the driving licence is withdrawn. The prerequisite, in addition to a test certificate, is that the moped can reach a maximum speed of 25 km/h. The moped must be equipped with a safety device.
Find your driving school
The first step to avoid a driver's license being revoked from the outset is to choose qualitative driver training. So now look for a driving school in your area that prepares you both practically and theoretically for road traffic.