- Minimum age: 18, 20, 21, 23, 24 years. The minimum age depends on your activity and qualification. You can take the theory exam 3 months before the minimum age, the practical exam 1 month before the minimum age. Previous possession: Driving licence class B
- Documents: Biometric passport photograph, identity card/passport, certificate of participation in the first aid course and proof of a personal aptitude test consisting of an examination of performance and a medical examination of eyesight.
- Limitation: The D driving licence is issued for five years. It can be extended for five years after the initial qualification if the relevant requirements are met. The visual report must not be older than two years and the medical report must not be older than one year.
- Examinations: For the D driving licence you have to pass a successful theory and practice exam.
- You automatically receive these driving licence categories with your D driving licence: D1
- You can drive that with a D licence: Vehicles (excluding categories AM, A1, A2 and A) for more than eight persons other than the driver. A trailer with a maximum permissible total weight of 750 kg may be towed.
Find your bus driving school
You would like to transport people and do it best in a "big" bus? Then look here for your driving school, where you can complete the training to become a category D driving licence.