Moped test certificate
Take off with the moped
Strictly speaking, the moped driving licence is not a driving licence but a test certificate. With 15 years, you are already allowed to start moped training.
After your successful training, you may drive with the test certificate mopeds with maximally 50 ccm and a maximal speed of 25 km/h.
Find your moped driving school
You want to get from A to B on your own? Then look for a driving school near you and successfully complete your moped training there!
General information about moped training
- Minimum age: 15 years. You can take the theory test 3 months in advance.
- Documents/Documents: none.
- Limitation: none.
- You are allowed to drive this with the moped test certificate: Mopeds with a design speed of 25 km/h and a maximum cubic capacity of 50 ccm.
- These categories of driving licence are automatically available with your moped license: none.
- Special feature: You must always have the test certificate on you when you are on the road with your moped, just like with your driving licence.
- Other special features: Unfortunately, you cannot have the theory lessons you have attended credited to other driving licences.
- Did you know that...? you also need a moped test certificate for so-called personal transporters, e.g. personnel transporters (e.g. Segways) if you want to use it on public roads?
Theory and practice in moped training
Of course, you must also be fit in theory and practice with the moped test certificate. For this, you will attend six lessons of 90 minutes each in your driving school.
The practical training must consist of at least one lesson of 90 minutes. You don't have to take a practical exam. You will receive a certificate for your training, which you must submit to the testing authority, (e.g. TÜV). Only then will you be admitted to the theory exam.
For the moped test certificate you have to successfully pass a theory test, but not a practical test.