Find your motorcycle driving school
Do you already have an A1 driving licence or would you like to enter A2 directly? Then discover your motorcycle driving school in our search and complete the second stage of motorcycle driving licenses.
- Minimum age: 18 years. You can take the theory test 3 months before your birthday, the practical test 1 month before your birthday.
- Documents: vision test, first aid course and biometric passport photo. term: none. However, the driver's license is only valid for 15 years. At the latest then you have to apply for a new document, which will be valid for 15 years.
- Prüfungen: For the A2-driving licence direct entry you must file a successful theory and practice test . If you already have the A1 driving licence, all you have to do is take a practical test.
- You automatically get these driving licence category with the A2-Führerschein: AM and A1
- You may drive this with the A2 driving licence: power with a power of at most 35 kW, which is not derived from a motorcycle with a power of over 70 kW. The power/weight ratio must not exceed 0.2 kW/kg.
- Special feature: The A2 driving licence is the second level of motorcycle driving licences, as it is based on the A1 driving licence. The next higher level is the A driving licence, which you can obtain after another two years. The purpose of the levels is that you slowly climb up and cautiously fantasize about the higher engine power.
In your motorcycle riding lessons you will familiarize yourself with your machine and the traffic regulations. It is of course important whether you have already gained experience in motorcycling.
There are three different scenarios:
First scenario - you don't have a driver's license category A1 yet, so you do category A2 in direct entry.
In addition to the normal hours of practice, the law provides for a certain number of special rides which you must complete in order to be admitted to the test. You must take 5 driving lessons on federal or country roads, 4 driving lessons on motorways and 3 driving lessons in darkness or dusk.
Second scenario – you already have category A1, but not two years.
Now you have to do a reduced number of special rides in addition to the normal rides. In concrete terms this would mean 3 driving hours on federal or country roads, 2 driving hours on the motorway and one driving hour at night.
Third scenario – you have had category A1 for at least two years.
Now you don't have to do any special rides besides the normal rides.
When you are ready for the test, your instructor will let you know and give you valuable tips for your test drive in a final lesson. Have a look at your difficult places from your test area in the Drivers Cam App an.