Find your motorcycle driving school
Do you already have an A1 driver's licence or would you like to enter A2 directly? Then discover your motorcycle driving school in our search and complete the second stage of motorcycle driver's licenses.
- Minimum age: 18 years. You can take the theory test 3 months before your birthday, the practical test 1 month before your birthday.
- Documents: A vision test, first aid course and biometric passport photo.
- Time limit: none. However, the driver's license is only valid for 15 years. After this time, you have to apply for a new document, which will be valid for another 15 years.
- Prüfungen: For the A2-driver's licence direct entry you must file a successful theory and practice test. If you already have the A1 driver's licence, all you have to do is take a practical test.
- You automatically get these driver's licence categories with the A2-Führerschein: AM and A1
- You may drive this with the A2 driver's licence: Motorcycles with a power of at most 35 kW, which is not derived from a motorcycle with a power of over 70 kW. The power/weight ratio must not exceed 0.2 kW/kg.
- Special feature: The A2 driver's licence is the second level of motorcycle driver's licence, as it is based on the A1 driver's licence. The next higher level is the A driver's licence, which you can obtain after another two years. The purpose of the levels is that you slowly climb up and cautiously fantasize about the higher engine power.
In your motorcycle riding lessons, you will familiarize yourself with your machine and traffic regulations. It is, of course, important whether you have already gained experience in motorcycling.
There are three different scenarios:
The first scenario - you don't have a driver's license category A1 yet, so you do category A2 in a direct entry.
In addition to the normal hours of practice, the law obtains a certain number of special rides, which you must complete to be admitted to the test. You must take 5 driving lessons on federal or country roads, 4 driving lessons on highways and 3 driving lessons in darkness or dusk.
The second scenario – you already have category A1, but not for two years.
Now you have to do a reduced number of special rides in addition to the normal rides. In concrete terms, this would mean 3 driving hours on federal or country roads, 2 driving hours on the highway and one driving hour at night.
Third scenario – you have had category A1 for at least two years.
Now you don't have to do any special rides beside the normal rides.
When you are ready for the test, your instructor will let you know and give you valuable tips for your test drive in a final lesson. Have a look at your difficult places from your test area in the Drivers Cam App.