- Minimum age: 16 years for agricultural and forestry tractors up to 40 km/h.
- Limitation: The driving licence for category L is of unlimited duration and does not need to be renewed.
- Examinations: Only a theoretical examination is required for the L driving licence. A practical examination is not intended for this purpose.
- You automatically receive these driving licence categories with your L-driving licence: none
- Special feature: If you have a category B driving licence, the L driving licence will be entered automatically.
Even if no practical training is required for the L driving licence, you still have to take a theoretical examination. For the L category driver's license, you must attend theory lessons consisting of basic and additional material. The basic substance contains the general test substance which is valid for all driving licence categories. The additive contains the special requirements of the respective vehicle category .
For the basic material of category L, you must attend a total of 12 double lessons of 90 minutes each in order to be admitted to the theory examination. For the additive you must have attended at least 2 double lessons of 90 minutes each.
- Forklift trucks up to 25 km/h
- Tractors up to 40 km/h, with two trailers without registration up to 25 km/h
- Self-propelled machines up to 25 km/h
- Self-propelled feed mixing wagons up to 25 km/h
- Mopeds up to 25 km/h
- industrial trucks
Find your tractor driving school
You prefer bigger vehicles besides cars? Or are you employed in the agricultural sector? Then use our search function to find out more about tractor driving schools near you!