The "master class" among truck driving licences is the CE category. Concerning the permissible total weight of the combination of towing vehicle and trailer, there are no more restrictions. That is why professional drivers bear a particularly high responsibility in this case.
If you're interested in transporting large numbers of people privately or professionally, the CE driving licence is the ideal choice. It can even be used to tow trailers with a total mass of over 750 kg. Further information on the CE driving licence category can be found on this page.
- Minimum age: You must be at least 21 years old to drive a CE category vehicle. However, it can be reduced to 18 by some state-recognised training occupations. These include professional drivers, driving specialists, road maintenance staff and plant firefighters.
- Documents: A valid identity card or passport, biometric passport photo, possibly first aid course, ophthalmological certificate, medical certificate of physical and mental aptitude are required.
- Limitation: All "truck categories" are only granted for five years. For renewal, a new medical and ophthalmological certificate must be presented.
- Examinations: For the CE category, a theory examination and a practical examination must be taken again. Scroll down for the exact course of the training.
- That's what you get to drive on a CE license: Motor vehicles of category C with a trailer exceeding 750 kg.
For the theory, lessons will be generally six lessons raw material and four lessons category-specific additive à 90 minutes.
In the theoretical test for the CE-driving license category, 30 questions must be answered, with a maximum of 10 error points. In this test, the incorrect answering of at least two questions with five error points each also leads to automatic non-existence. The examination usually lasts 45 minutes.
The basic training (rides) depends on the individual abilities and learning progress of the driver. A general statement about the number cannot be made. However, the following special journeys are also compulsory for the category CE driving license:
- C and CE together:
8x overland drive, 3x motorway drive, 3x night drive
- Expand C to CE:
5x overland drive, 2x highway drive,
3x night drive
Drivers Cam - Practically already passed
With Drivers Cam, you won't experience any surprises in the practical exam: With the commented videos on the critical points in your test area, you are ideally prepared for the practice. Try it out right now in the trial test: In the trial test, you can take a look at two of the questions from your test area and test your knowledge. Click here for the trial test.