- Minimum age: You must be at least 21 years old to drive a CE category vehicle. However, it can be reduced to 18 by some state-recognised training occupations. These include professional drivers, driving specialists, road maintenance staff and plant firefighters.
- Documents: A valid identity card or passport, biometric passport photo, possibly first aid course, ophthalmological certificate, medical certificate of physical and mental aptitude are required.
- Limitation: All "truck categories" are only granted for 5 years. For renewal, a new medical and ophthalmological certificate must be presented.
- Examinations: For the CE category, a theory examination and a practical examination must be taken again. Scroll down for the exact course of the training.
- That's what you get to drive on a CE license: Motor vehicles of category C with a trailer exceeding 750 kg.
For the theory lessons are generally 6 double lessons raw material and 4 double lessons category-specific additive à 90 minutes provided.
In the theoretical test for the CE-driving license category, 30 questions must be answered, with a maximum of 10 error points. In this test, the incorrect answering of at least 2 questions with 5 error points each also leads to automatic non-existence. The examination usually lasts 45 minutes.
The basic training (rides) depends on the individual abilities and learning progress of the driver. A general statement about the number cannot be made. However, the following special journeys are also compulsory for the category CE driver's license:
- C and CE together:
8x overland drive, 3x motorway drive, 3x night drive
- Expand C to CE:
5x overland drive, 2x highway drive,
3x night drive
Drivers Cam - Practically already passed
With Drivers Cam, you won't experience any surprises in the practical exam: With the commented videos on the critical points in your test area, you are ideally prepared for the practice. Try it out right now in the trial test: In the trial test, you can take a look at two of the questions from your test area and test your knowledge. Click here for the trial test.