- Minimum age: You must be at least 21 years of age to drive a category C vehicle. However, it can be reduced to 18 by some state-recognised training occupations. These include professional drivers, specialists in driving operations, road maintenance personnel, plant firefighters.
- Documents: A valid identity card or passport, biometric passport photo, possibly first aid course, ophthalmological certificate, medical certificate of physical and mental aptitude are required.
- Limitation: All "truck categories" are only granted for 5 years. For renewal, a new medical and ophthalmological certificate must be presented.
- Examinations: In spite of a B driving licence, a theory examination and a practical examination must be taken for category C again.
- This is what you get to drive on a C license: motor vehicles, with the exception of categories, AM, A1, A2, A, D1 and D over 3,500 kg but not exceeding 7,500 kg and registered for not more than 8 persons plus driver.
Find your truck driving school
You don't mind if it's heavier, do you? No problem - because in our search you will find driving schools in your area that offer training for the C driving licence.