- You must be at least 18 years old. Under supervision, under 18-year-olds can also make the certificate during training
- Certificate of physical and mental aptitude
- Registration for a seminar on forklift driving licences and on-site instruction
- Written certification of the company
These authorities issue driving licences for industrial trucks:
- with testing associations and organisations such as DEKRA and TÜV
- with certified IAG training companies
- for freelance trainers, e.g. inter-company safety services
- companies dealing with forklift trucks.
In addition to practical exercises, the content of the training also includes theory. In the theoretical part, for example, you will learn more about accident regulations in operation, driving with loads and a safe stand.
At the end of the seminar a theoretical and a practical exam will be taken. If this is passed, you will receive the floor conveyor certificate. You must always carry this with you in the company afterwards.
The compulsory seminar usually lasts one to two days and costs between 200 and 300 euros. In most cases, the employer does this in full. But even if you decide privately and independently to obtain this driving licence, you can in many cases receive a subsidy from the employment agency.
In addition to the forklift truck, there are other vehicles that fall under this category, for example:
- Pallet truck
- Container stackers
- Telescopic forklift
- Reach trucks
- Heavy lift truck
- Off-road forklifts
- Truck-mounted forklift
- Order picker
- Narrow-aisle truck
Find your driving school
You want to get a so-called special driver's license, but don't know where yet? Then take a look at our search, find driving schools in your area and find out about the special driving licences offered there.